Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to Shopping for Sugar-Free Salt


Prematurely elated at finding the sugar-free salt of my last post, I researched one of the ingredients only to be dismayed that it contains aluminum. It is inconclusive whether or not aluminum causes Altzheimer's Disease although it is undeniable that Altzheimer's victims have significantly higher levels of aluminum in their brains than other people.

If the aluminum didn't get there by ingesting salt containing aluminum as a free-flowing agent, leaching from aluminum cookware, absorption from antiperspirants, how did it get into the body? It is not a mineral needed by any biological form so had to be introduced artificially.

I say, "Better safe than sorry," which currently leaves me to decide - aluminum or sugar? I'll keep searching for sugar-free iodized table salt, but if worse comes to worse, I'll pick sugar over aluminum.


No comments: