Saturday, March 31, 2012

My eShopping List


"Excuse me."

I looked up from scowling at my Kindle Keyboard.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the little old lady said.

I smiled at her. "It's okay. Am I blocking your way?"

"I'm interested in electronics," she said.

"Oh! This is a Kindle, an ereader. Maybe you've seen them advertised on TV. This is an older model. I bought a $0.99 Notepad app to keep my shopping list on it. I have it organized by the aisles, but I put the Chex Mix in the wrong aisle and was moving it because I was several aisles down and had to come back to this one."

She came closer to see my screen.

"See? This list is reusable because I put a couple of dots, periods, in front of the item I want when I think of it, then when I put it in my cart, I delete the dots. It's a lot easier than using paper because if the store's out of something, I don't have to rewrite the item onto my next shopping list."

"How interesting," she said. "Thank you so much for showing me."

"You're welcome. I just wanted to keep those pieces of paper under control."


No comments: