Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Motor Mouth"

"Motor Mouth" is an Alexandra Barnaby novel by Janet Evanovitch, © 2006, ISBN: 978-0-06-058405-4, paperback, 376 pages.

I'm still trying to figure out why "In Plain Sight" is so bad. In the meantime, I continue to catch up on my reading.

I'm so stuck on Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum books that it was somewhat difficult for me to stop looking for counterparts to my favorite characters in this one.

I finally got that Barnaby isn't a bounty hunter, she's a NASCAR mechanic, and she doesn't have two hot men panting after her. She has only one. Instead of Stephanie's crazy family in New Jersey, Alexandra is helped by a family of Cuban aunts, cousins, and grandmothers in Florida. Nevertheless, she's compelled by circumstances to go after the bad guys and her hot man is right there with her.

It's fun and sexy with enough twists and intrigue to keep any fan of detective stories entertained to the very end. A great book for summer reading, it's perfect with real NASCAR races running on TV in the background, muted or not.

No comments: