Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Living My Dream


It hit me on Sunday. I'm living my dream come true.

I've been so busy, adding this blog to my busy-ness, that it didn't occur to me earlier.

Sparing you the details, two doctors told me in the latter part of 1992 that I had to find another line of work. After discussing it with my immediate circle as well as with counselors, after considering what I might do, with or without additional training or education, only my desire called out to God: All I want to do is write.

The year 1992 passed into 1993. I wasn't able to work for a year and was limited in my capabilities when I returned to the office. Continued pain and additional therapy filled my thoughts and my days, months, even years. I thought I'd never see the end of it although I tried to keep smiling. I was, and still am, so grateful for anyone who was kind to me and everyone who made me laugh.

Then, it happened. I was free to concentrate on my writing and forgot the rest. That's what dreams do. They take you away from real life to another world, another place, another time, another life, until you see how dreams and real life are interrelated. Until you're able to realize, as I did on Sunday, that real life is the dream and how much God has blessed us.


Psalms 34:8. O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Lamentations 3:25. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Psalms 100:5. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Thank You, Lord!


No comments: